Technical & Process Safety
We provide consultancy services to assist our clients in handling safety and HSSE issues associated with their projects, facilities and operations
A Safety Case / COMAH Report, supported by a robust HSSE Risk Management System, is an integral part of a company’s regulatory commitment to demonstrate the identification, assessment and management of health, safety and environmental risk.
We provide consultancy services to assist our clients in handling safety and HSSE issues associated with their projects, facilities and operations. We also support our client to update and maintain key regulatory and company management system documents throughout the lifecycle of the asset or project.
We have the capability to support clients in the completion of safety engineering studies for both offshore and onshore oil and gas exploration and processing facilities, including vessel-based operation such as FPSO and mobile drilling units.
We have a team of chartered engineers with significant experience delivering consultancy services within the energy sector and can provide our clients with full project lifecycle support.
Regulatory / Legal Compliance
We have experience in demonstrating compliance with UK COMAH (Control of Major Accident or Hazard) Regulations and UK Offshore Safety Case Regulations through preparation of COMAH and Offshore Safety Case Reports. Our services in this area include:
- United Kingdom – Onshore COMAH Report development/revision/update
- United Kingdom – Offshore Safety Case development/revision/update
- United Kingdom – Safety and Environmental Management System development and update
- United Kingdom – Prevention of Fire and Explosion and Emergency Response Regulations Assessment
- Development of design and operational performance standards.
- Assessment of Major Accident Hazard risk
Safety Engineering Studies
We are capable of successfully completing the following safety assessments to support both operational assets and capital projects in identifying hazards; evaluating their likelihood and consequence; assessing the risk; and evaluating risk reduction measures such that the operation or design can be demonstrated as ALARP:
- Development of key safety plans and philosophies (HSSE plan, F&G detection/Fire protection philosophies)
- ALARP demonstration assessments
- Fire and Explosion Hazards Analysis (FEA/FERA/FRA)
- Gas Dispersion and Smoke Ingress Analysis
- Hazardous area assessment and classification
- Emergency Systems Survivability Assessment (ESSA)
- Escape, Evacuation and Rescue Analysis (EERA)
- Temporary Refuge Integrity Analysis (TRIA)
- Dropped Object (DO) Study (including Subsea dropped object Assessment)
- Flare Radiation Assessment
- Exhaust Vent Studies
- Subsea Release Modelling
- SSIV assessments
- Firewater demand assessments