We offer specialist engineering services throughout the lifecycle to ensure the alarm system is designed, implemented, operated, and maintained to achieved compliance with EEMUA191 and IEC62682
Poor alarm management is a leading cause of unplanned downtime and a contributing cause to process safety incidents.
Our alarm management services and capabilities includes:
- Alarm Philosophy Development
- Alarm System Performance Analysis & Reporting
- Master Alarm Database Generation
- Rationalisation Rule Set Generation & Workshop Facilitation
- Design & Specification of Advanced Alarm Handling Techniques
- Testing, Installation & Commissioning
- Ongoing Alarm Management & Top 10 Bad Actor Analysis & Reporting
Advanced Alarm Handling
To achieve the established industry KPIs and benchmarks, it is often necessary to develop and deploy advanced alarm handling techniques.
We have significant experience in designing and specifying advanced techniques such as alarm shelving, alarming grouping, and dynamic alarm suppression. We work closely with the alarm system supplier to ensure the unique features of the system are utilised effectively.
The alarm rationalisation process is typically completed in a workshop setting. Alarm rationalisation workshops often run for many weeks and are attended by a multi- discipline team including the asset process engineer, Control Room Operator (CRO), and alarm system specialist.
We have developed an innovative alarm rationalisation methodology that utilises rule sets to make the workshops more efficient and to maximise value.