Our team of experts can independently assess control and automation systems to identify vulnerabilities and to recommend cost-effective mitigations
Ageing control and automation systems pose a significant threat to continued efficient and safe operations. It is critical to adopt a plan for effective management to keep these systems running smoothly into the future.
An overview of our lifecycle management services encompass the following:
- Obsolescence Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Spares Management
- Maintenance Strategies
Retrospective IEC61508 / IEC61511 compliance is often difficult to achieve economically and usually incurs significant technical and delivery risk.
We have developed an innovative approach that helps reduce engineering effort while also mitigating risks throughout the improvement programme. A typical improvement encompasses the following phases:
- Phase 1 – Coarse Review & Screening
- Phase 2 – Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
- Phase 3 – Allocation of Safety Functions to Protection Layers
- Phase 4 – Safety Requirement Specification
- Phase 5 – Design & Engineering of SIS
- Phase 6 – Installation, Commissioning & Validation
Live Performance Monitoring
Our ISET and Solve products enable live safety performance monitoring. This includes:
- Bypass Analysis & Reporting
- Trip & Demand Rate Analysis & Reporting
- Live PFDavg Analysis & Reporting
We offer a functional safety performance reporting service at the asset or enterprise level. A report is typically produced once a quarter showing current performance using both leading and lagging indicators. The report makes recommendations to improve performance as required.